St Mary Euphrasia, the Founder of the Good Shepherd Sisters, was a woman of courage and audacity. Her legacy includes respecting the dignity and value of each person, and a deep commitment to justice, reconciliation, and compassion. Today her legacy is carried on through the work of the Good Shepherd Sisters and mission partners.
The 2012 Spirit of St Mary Euphrasia Award recognises a person who perpetuates the spirit of Saint Mary Euphrasia by the pursuit, advancement or expression of:
- Valuing every human being
- Creating harmony through reconciliation and compassion
- Working for a just and fair world
- Demonstrating authentic leadership skills in their everyday work/community
- Demonstrating audacity – innovative approaches
The award is open to any person who works for, or is associated with, Good Shepherd. This may include a Good Shepherd Sister, employee, volunteer, supporter or someone who has demonstrated a commitment to the organisation for a period of time. Nominations must come from Good Shepherd Sisters, staff, board members, friends or volunteers.
The inaugural Spirit of St Mary Euphrasia Award was given to Sr Mary Carroll in 2010. Click here to read about Mary’s work in Victorian prisons over many years.
Nominations open Monday 23 January 2012
Nominations close Monday 20 February 2012
- The award recipient will be notified on or before Thursday 1 March 2012.
- The award recipient will be announced on Thursday 15 March 2012 at the Good Shepherd Network Gathering in Melbourne. The winner will receive a certificate recognising their award, and a gift.
- You may make more than one nomination, but each nomination must be completed on a separate nomination form.
- Nominators will remain anonymous. All nominations will be handled confidentially.
- Entries will be judged by an appointed panel (who are ineligible to be nominated).
- If you nominate a person, you may be contacted by a panel member for further information.